D.O.N.T. - DRIVE ONLY, NEVER TEXT
#SAVE YOUR BRAIN
Welcome to the Brain Injury Association of North Bay and Area website.
At BIANBA we provide support, information and assistance to those living with a brain injury.
Do YOU or someone you know have a brain injury?
- Acquired brain injury (ABI) is damage to the brain that occurs after birth from a traumatic or non-traumatic event.
Did you know?
- 1 in 10 people will know someone who will suffer a brain injury this year
- In North Bay and area, there are approximately 138 brain injuries each year
- 1 in 5 sports related injuries are a head injury
- Motor vehicle crashes are the second leading cause of traumatic brain injury and the leading cause of major injury to hospital admissions
- In the next hour, 6 Canadians will suffer a brain injury.
View our April 2013 Newsletter
View our January 2013 Newsletter
View our July 2012 Newsletter
View our October 2012 Newsletter